The Phoenix Mercury is currently recruiting for an hourly, part-time, seasonal Administrative Coordinator. The successful individual will report to the President/Chief Operating Officer for the Phoenix Mercury.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Administrative and secretarial support for President/COO and General Manager, occasional support for other Mercury department heads and coaches
- Calendar and schedule management; meeting coordination and planning
- Coordinate player housing and cars; prepare season itinerary – travel and per diem
- Preparation of correspondence and memorandums
- Assist with Community Relations requests
- Preparation of expense reports and invoices for payment
- Tracking and variance explanation of department expense budget
- Maintenance of all office documents and files
- Distribution of mail, photocopying, faxing
- Project management and variety of other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven track record in the following areas: prioritizing multiple tasks, working autonomously, effectively demonstrating initiative, paying attention to detail, and utilizing good judgement
This position requires tact and discretion while interfacing with all levels of staff, the public, media, ownership, executives and various basketball entities. Schedule times may vary and we anticipate the position starting around April 1st and working through the end of the Mercury season into October.
Interested and qualified candidates please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered including a cover letter and hourly requirements. To see how the hiring manager will view your application, click on "edit your information" and follow the instructions. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
The Phoenix Mercury is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Briefly describe why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.
- Please list your daily availability.