Job Title: Basketball Operations Internship
Division/Department: Basketball Operations
Reports To: Head Coach & Head Athletic Trainer
Start Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011
End Date: Friday, April 27, 2012
Assist the Basketball Operations department with day to day responsibilities that involve the various branches of the department. This is an un-paid internship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend all team practices (typically 9am – 1pm) as well as all 24 home games from 11/25/11 – 3/30/12 plus potential playoff games.
- Assist with the pre-game setup and post-game breakdown at Arena for all home games
- Participate as needed in drills during practice as well as pre-practice setup and post-practice breakdown.
- Assist coaches with scouting, video capturing, administrative tasks, etc.
- Wash all practice gear, game uniforms, towels etc. after every practice and home game
- Provide transportation for players on occasion to airport, doctor’s appointments, physicals, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach, Head Athletic Trainer or General Manager
- Current student or recent college graduate.
- Available during days as well as some nights and weekends
- Ability to communicate effectively, while in a timely manner, with both internal and external staff
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work on projects independently and maintain confidential information
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Be able to work long hours and most weekends during the NBA D-League season
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Are you available to work all practices during the day and all home games on ights and weekends?