The Suite Sales Manager is expected to be an established successful salesperson with proven track record selling high end products. He/She must be self-motivated and possess the skills required to create and execute a business sales plan to sell suite products in the new Barclays Center Arena. The ideal candidate must be hard-working, organized, creative, and enthusiastic. To be successful in this role the incumbent must be focused and enjoy selling suites to corporate leaders in this world class multi-use sports and entertainment facility in the 4th largest city in the world.
Brooklyn Events Center, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include the following.
- Sells multi-year suite agreements to C-Level executives and/or decision makers of corporations, high net worth individuals.
- Works closely with management to sell suite products to achieve targeted revenue objectives for the new Brooklyn Arena.
- Aggressive prospecting required generating new business relationships and cultivating leads.
- Works with management in the promoting of suites.
- Conducts senior-level sales presentations as required to support the suite sales initiative.
- Meet sales goals for sales and meeting targets.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum of seven (7) years of sales experience
- Suite sales experience preferred
- Sales experience in the New York tri-state area a plus
- Must have a sound business understanding of the professional sports business including product and service knowledge
- Excellent written and spoken communication, interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills
- Excellent rolodex of relationships with high level business executives in the New York metropolitan area;
- Demonstrated success in handling strict deadlines and operating in a fast moving environment in a major market.
- Ability to deliver presentations to Senior Executives with collaborative confidence.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion with sensitive and confidential materials involving the clients.
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of energy.
- Must have advanced skills with navigating the Internet and utilizing Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Word software.
- Must be self-confident and resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm.
- Must be very dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized.
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable him/her to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals external to it.
- Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed.
- Must possess problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a tough and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Must have the ability to gain and enhance the respect and trust of superiors, peers, subordinates, customers and the investment community. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity.
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values.
- "Thick skinned" and at the same time diplomatic, culturally sensitive and politically aware- an ambassador to Brooklyn and the Barclays Center.
- Must have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
- None required.
- Travel Requirements - infrequent Traveler (< 5% travel), on rare occasions trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Physical Demands - This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment - The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend Arena events
This Application is a 2-Step Process
- Step 1: Please fill out the application below completely, including uploading your resume, which is done on the last part of the application.
- Step 2: After completing the application you will be emailed a note containing a URL address, with details on how to complete your application. Please note, you will not be considered unless you have completed both Step 1 and Step 2. If you have not received this email, please contact the TeamWork Online Webmaster.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Arena Network employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Arena Network employment site.