About the Organization
The Golden State Warriors are dedicated to providing the best possible experience to our fans, corporate partners, and community with consistency in our product, services and presentation.
About the Position
We are looking for a dynamic HR Generalist specializing in Benefit Administration to add to our expanding HR team.
The Benefits Coordinator/Administrator will be responsible for benefits administration for the team including our players along with general human resources duties. These responsibilities include assisting in managing broker and vendor relationships, facilitating open enrollment, as well as, recommending, developing and implementing employee benefit plans. This role is also responsible for ensuring data accuracy and creating, on an as-needed basis, reports for senior management.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, creative, and possess strong technical skills.
This is a position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Respond to employee inquiries for benefit plans, including eligibility, enrollment, coverage, premiums and open enrollment.
- Function as a liaison between plan administrators and members to resolve any benefit issues.
- Administer and provide guidance to employees for the following programs and processes: FMLA, long-term disability, life insurance, COBRA, summary plan descriptions, health insurance plan billing, life events, dependent eligibility auditing, qualified medical support orders and new hire benefits orientation.
- Maintain an awareness of compliance with all state and federal regulations such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA and ERISA.
- Process enrollments, terminations and other changes for health and welfare plans including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending accounts.
- Update systems and databases for benefit changes, maintain benefits records, prepare documents and run reports on a scheduled and as requested basis.
- Assist with communication of benefit programs changes and updates.
- Maintain employee files and database.
- Post required labor law information.
- Conduct verifications of employment.
- Process background investigations.
- Assist in executing employee relations activities.
- Relieve Front Desk
- Order office supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Experience & Skills
This position requires a customer service oriented professional with energy, passion, commitment and the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably with a focus on business administration, human resources management, or a related field
- 3-5 years experience in benefits administration
- 3+ years experience with HRIS systems
- Strong Microsoft office skills including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and cultivate relationships with a multitude of partners in the sports and entertainment, corporate, non-profit, education, government and community environments
- Demonstrated business acumen, analytical and operational skills needed in order to develop and manage programs within the Foundation
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and respond to change in a fast paced environment
Competitive compensation and benefits package provided
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Have you ever been employed as a Benefits Coordinator or Benefits Administartor?