Palace Sports and Entertainment is looking for Interns for the Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters. This Internship runs year-round and is unpaid, however college credit may be earned. All candidates must be presently enrolled in a college program. The Internships available are listed below.
The Broadcasting and Multimedia Internship will allow the Intern to gain knowledge in game day operations, as well as experience in multimedia and broadcasting. It offers hands-on experience in the preparation of all game day events for the Detroit Pistons. The interns will work directly with the game day promotions coordinator, the video production department, as well as our marketing team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Game Day Operations:
- Booking National Anthem singers
- Preparing and running nationally sponsored halftime acts
- Researching video clips
- Mascot assistance—various duties
- Dance Team Operations:
- Booking & coordinating appearances
- Costume inventory
- League research
- Game day preparation assistance
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- A background in communications, journalism, and/or other sports management-related majors is preferred
- Must possess a professional attitude, enthusiasm, and a strong willingness to learn
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work 25 hours per week, with the availability to work evening or weekend
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Are you currently in school working towards a degree?