General Statement of Duties:
The Canton Charge (National Basketball Association Development League), operated by the Cleveland Cavaliers, and the Canton Memorial Civic Center seek a teachable, dedicated individual who possesses superior listening and communication skills and is eager to grow their career selling ticket and hospitality solutions for our organization. Under the guidance of the Director of Ticket Sales, our Business Development Specialists sell various ticket packages for the Canton Charge.
- Generating new ticket package sales through phone prospecting, outside appointments and building tours.
- Prospecting new ticket package sales opportunities through cold calls, referrals and networking events.
- Setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups.
- Developing professional relationships with current clients for group outing renewals and referral leads.
- Providing a high level of service to all accounts.
- Staffing ticket sales booths at outside functions including luncheons, business shows, conventions, etc.
- Must meet all predetermined activity and sales goals.
- Assisting with creative concepts for production of group sales materials including brochures, flyers and all other support materials.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Assist with other group duties as assigned; including game/event day duties.
- Previous internship or work experience within the sports industry.
- Computer literacy required.
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Competitive nature and a contagious, positive attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sports industry.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel
Education or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University with a minimum of 1-2 years of sales experience (ideally with a sports franchise) with a proven track record in a high volume sales environment.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Veritix/Flash Seats/Fathead employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Veritix/Flash Seats/Fathead employment site.