TYPE OF POSITION
Full-time, salaried, benefit eligible
General Statement of Duties
Creates and sells a full menu of hospitality programs including the NBA, Cavaliers, Lake Erie Monsters, Cleveland Gladiators, Mid-American Conference, Canton Charge and other miscellaneous special events. The Business Development Specialist will take the role of the lead new business generator in the sales department in the areas of suites, full season tickets, partial plans and group programs by customizing programs and packages that satisfy the needs and goals of our clients.
- Meet or exceed established yearly revenue and ticket goals set for new business (Cavs full seasons, Cavs partials, Cavs group packages, Monsters full seasons, Monsters partials, Monsters groups,Charge full seasons, Charge partials, Charge groups, MAC Tournament Packages, Suite Packages, and Executive & Party Suites).
- Prospect and cultivate new sales leads through creative lead generation methods, as well as follow up on leads provided by the Cavaliers.
- Conduct sales conversations via phone presentations, in-office meetings/presentations and meetings at The Q and Canton Memorial Civic Center by conducting a thorough, custom needs analysis.
- Based on feedback from phone calls/ meetings, present any number of custom ticket and hospitality packages including: Cavaliers season tickets, Club seating, VIP and Key Club seating, Loudville season tickets, partial plans, group ticket packages, employee group nights, party/penthouse packages, court box packages, suite packages, executive and party suites, etc.
- Entertain and nurture relationships with clients and prospects through creative means including but not limited to: networking events, speaking engagements, prospect sampling at games, seat visits at games, open houses at The Q, Canton Memorial Civic Center and outside meetings.
- Upselling current partial plan holders to full season ticket packages.
- Sell Cavaliers Playoff Packages and develop these leads into full season and partial plan customers for the next season.
- Manage obstacles and overcome objections that are presented during the sales process.
- Perform accurate, skilled deal closings.
- Execute contracts, billing, and collecting payment for first year season ticket holders.
- Contact and close referrals from newly consummated season ticket holders.
- Submit timely reports to management, including weekly sales revenue reports.
- Take the lead on executing a successful, seamless transition of sold season tickets accounts to the assigned Client Experience Specialist.
- Enter all pertinent prospect and customer information in CRM platform for efficient reporting and historical data purposes.
- Assist, train and mentor Inside Sales staff on presentations and strategy for new business acquisition.
- Assist with answering incoming sales line during home and away games as needed; assist with call tracking for and reporting purposes.
- College degree required; preferably in business or sports management
- MINIMUM of one year successful sales experience in sports, media, and/or direct sales is preferred
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently motivate self is a must
- Passion for the sports industry
Note: This position was originally posted on the Veritix/Flash Seats/Fathead employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Veritix/Flash Seats/Fathead employment site.