This Intern will assist with written correspondence, coordinate the department's donation program and help with various program initiatives. The position will also assist with the department database and public/media relation’s efforts. This is an UNPAID internship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Assist with secondary program development and implementation
- Coordinate ticket distribution program through outreach to non-profit organizations and other community groups.
- Drafting thank-you and recognition responses, as well as general responses to incoming requests
- Assist with database tracking and follow up
- Conduct research with respect to other community relations programs, and provide a summary of findings
- Keep a library of any print materials such as media clips, stories and mentions
- Assist with coordination of program events
- Handle general office duties such as data entry, copying, filing and faxing
- Must possess excellent organization and communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills, and be flexible and self-disciplined
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word required; Internet and Excel and Power Point preferred
- Experience in communications, English, journalism, public relations, marketing, sports management or recreation
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Are you currently in school, working towards a degree?