- Lead hourly, part-time and contract workers in daily, pre-event, event and post-event conversion and set-up services for the Arena and provide hands on training to the conversion team.
- Sets building configuration as per SOP for each individual event. Must be proficient in all tasks including but not limited to construction and precise placement of House stage, proper alignment of the basketball floor and backstop, goal alignment, height, and level and reading maps for chair sets.
- Maintain all equipment in excellent working order and schedules regular preventative maintenance including but not limited to chains, sprockets, guide rods, limits switches, row locks, couplers, and wheels, motors, checking nuts and bolts, greasing and lubricating, seat repairs and general cleaning.
- Responsible for the effective operation of retractable seating and all mechanical aspects of the seating.
- Review conversion tasks, outlines, and schedules on a daily basis to ensure that all requirements are clear and the expectation of the set up is understood before work begins.
- Assist with the administration of training programs, purchasing, scheduling staff, administrative tasks and documents team member work performance for extraordinary work and non-compliance.
- Inspect conversion related equipment and tools for damage or deficiencies and make appropriate reports. Maintain fully stocked work boxes and spare parts.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of conversion standards to ensure a positive and professional image is maintained for the Arena.
- Perform set-up tasks independently when needed.
- Complete a comprehensive checklist of each conversion to ensure the proper conditions and that all safety aspects are reviewed.
- Receive supervision and direction from the Conversion Manager, Assistant Director of Building Operations and Director of Building Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a multipurpose Arena preferred.
- Mechanical experience and strong mechanical troubleshooting skills are essential.
- Experience with venue set-ups, material handling equipment, basic computer skills and supervisory experience a must. Electrical background is a major plus.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods; must be able to lift and carry heavy, awkward objects. Manual dexterity to operate tools and equipment; body mobility to climb, crawl, walk and kneel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be energetic and provide positive/consistent leadership that will motivate the Arena conversion staff.
- Able to work irregular hours to include overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills; able to meet definitive time line goals.
- Effective team player mentality; must be able to adapt to changes and work in a multi-client environment.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Do you have experience working within operations in a multipurpose arena?
- Do you have prior mechanical experience and strong mechanical troubleshooting skills?
- Have you had experience managing part-time or full-time staff?
- Are you able to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time?
- Are you able to have a flexible schedule, working overnight, weekends and holidays, as needed?