Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) owns and operates three professional sports teams: the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. Monumental, which merged Lincoln Holdings and Washington Sports & Entertainment on June 10, 2010, also owns and operates Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the group operates Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the Capitals' state-of-the-art training facility in Arlington, Va., and George Mason University's Patriot Center, located in Fairfax, Va.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package; as well as a competitive salary structure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Responsible for overseeing the personnel and operational activities relating to the implementation of Verizon Center events and overseeing the Verizon Center Guest Services Program.
- Interviews, Select, Trains, Evaluates, and counsels part time event employees
- Develops and implements comprehensive customer service program for all Verizon Center employees.
- Prepare yearly Event Staff Budget
- Monitor attendance daily and make the necessary changes in staffing
- Prepare and posts a monthly duty schedule for all event employees by the 20th of the preceding month
- Review with Security and assist in updating the Building Emergency Evacuation plan yearly
- Reviews and updates Event Employee handbooks yearly
- In Coordination with Event Production Department ensures the preparation of an “Event Snapshot” or similar briefing sheet with relevant information for staff working the event
- Coordinate and oversee responses to inquires from customers via the phone, internet, text or any other means.
- Prepares duty assignments for Supervisors, Ticket Takers, Hosts, Hostesses and Security personnel for all events.
- Inspects building prior to opening to ensure the building is consistent or exceeds industry standards for cleanliness and safety.
- Brief Event Supervisors and gives pre-event briefing to all event staff prior to all events
- Monitors activities of Guest Services during events to insure that all Guests receive the best possible assistance
- Briefs the SVP & General Manager on any problems that occurred during an event
- Serves as a rotating Manager on Duty (MOD). The MOD responds and represents Verizon Center in emergency (and non-emergency) situations during events.
- Related duties as assigned
Reports to: Sr. Vice President/General Manager
Supervises: Switchboard Operators, First Aid Staff, Event Personnel (hosts, hostesses, supervisors, ticket takers)
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Six years of event of related professional experience, within the guest relations/services field.
Experience with labor unions preferred