POSITION TITLE: Director of Ticket Operations
DEPARTMENT: TICKET OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
DIRECT REPORTS: Spurs Ticket Manager, Silver Stars & Rampage Ticket Manager, Box Office Manager
CAPSULE POSITION DESCRIPTION
This position is responsible for leading the ticket operations department and overseeing the operational management and maintenance needs of the ticketing system for all franchises and events performed at the AT&T Center. The individual in this role will exhibit strong leadership skills, show a proven track record for leading and holding a team accountable, be a solution minded thinker, innovative and an effective communicator. The successful individual will exhibit the ability to develop solid relationships, model the importance of collaboration and work to remove boundaries hindering their departments’ success. They will promote problem solving between teams and business units and as a team, arrive at a solution that will contribute to the department and companies overall achievement of goals. The director will strive to include and incorporate innovative ideas, new tools and resources and make decisions related to the priorities and alignment of the company’s overall goals.
Eligible candidates will have substantial experience in team management, the ticketing environment and maintain a high level of knowledge of ticketing industry best practices; possess’ independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload; demonstrate superior interpersonal skills as it relates to both external and internal customers, and demonstrate the ability to adapt to change. An effective leader at the director level will harness their departmental team’s strengths to achieve their overall goals and contribute back to company profitability and initiatives.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaboration with key internal/external resources and 3) Ongoing self development.
KRA'S (KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS)
- Collaborate and serve as primary liaison with ticketing system vendor. (Currently Ticketmaster) Serves as primary liaison for concert promoters. Oversee ticketing department show builds, scaling of house and management of communication between promoter, building and management team. Manage, coordinate and disseminate information from TicketMaster to internal stakeholders.
- Manage ticket operations department and teams to ensure accuracy of NBA, WNBA & AHL League ticket requirements, ticket reporting and day-to-day operations effectively. Audit the accuracy and departmental performance standards for the company ticket sales databases. (Currently Archtics) Collaborate with IT department to implement database initiatives and trouble shoot departmental limitations. Facilitate and oversee the creation and implementation of accurate reports, such as ticket sales reports, game reports or game settlements.
- Manage annual department budget for ticket operations department. Ensures that accurate accounting and financial information is reported to finance team for all events in a timely manner.
- Support and oversee ticket department’s ticket sales responsiveness and service management. Drive ticketing team to develop ticket packages, season ticket renewal strategies, season ticket packages and execute renewal process to contribute toward overall company profit.
- Plan, manage and oversee the preparation, processing and execution of ticket renewal strategies and preparation for public on-sale events. Collaborate with executive team, sponsorship, finance, community responsibility, public relations, marketing and ticket sales & service departments for all internal allotment, allocation and execution of ticket promotions. Ensures accountability for company training of the ticket system, database pulls, creation of online sales link ads are in place and consistent for all franchises.
- Support company ticket and revenue reporting needs. Identify tools, technologies and means to facilitate company initiatives and reporting needs. Responsible for identifying ticket industry best practices and knowledge of cutting edge revenue generating ticketing technologies. Responsible for fostering a sales environment within ticket operations staff that leads to up selling, cross-selling and data capture.
- Build a team that is fully integrated, supportive and contributes to the needs and overall success of Marketing, Service & Retention and Sales strategic goals. Ensure the departmental management of Ticket stock preparation, printing and delivery of all season ticket, group ticket and individual game ticket purchases are completed accurately and on time.
The following measurement methods are intended to provide a sound basis for assessing the performance of the jobholder in this position. Although numerous methods are listed as suggested measurements the supervisor may elect to select only specific ones based on the need of the company at any point in time.
- Achievement of Business Unit’s Strategic Plan
- Vision, Mission and Values Alignment
- Maximization of Revenue Opportunities
- IDP/Self Development Goal Achievement
- Department Turnover
- Internal and External Service Surveys and Feedback
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Strong math aptitude and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to work independently, and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Comfort and experience interfacing with various levels of staff and management, while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of dealing with concert promoters and oversees show builds, scaling of house and management of communication between promoter, building and management team.
- A working knowedge of CAD drawings and architectural software.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Please provide a brief overview of your experience with ticketing systems and concert promoters.
- Please provide a brief overview of your level of leadership experience, managing ticket operations and teams.
- Have you received revenue generating recognition in the past? If so, please explain.
- Do you have experience in handling contract negotiations? If so, please explain.
- Provide a brief example of a time where you were required to be creative in order to solve a problem with ticketing technology.