This position is responsible for managing and leading all aspects of suite sales and service within the Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena organization. This position will lead the revenue generation for products that include 92 private suites, 10 party suites, 4 hospitality suites, hospitality events and the associated advertisement and branding elements of our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell suites and premium hospitality to new customers and renew contracts for existing customers.
- Develop, maintain and grow customer relationships with premium seating and sponsorship accounts in keeping with the standards of the Philips Arena premium seating experience.
- Develop and execute long-term, annual and short-term strategy regarding new suite sales and renewal initiatives, sales tracking/AR and post-sale communications.
- Assist senior leadership on the development of premium products, as well as areas of potential revenue opportunity in sponsorship & ticketing.
- Manage the quality control of the Philips Arena Suites, in conjunction with the Arena management team.
- Lead resolution of customer issues and complaints that escalate beyond the sales/service executive level.
- Hire, train, effectively lead, develop and motivate premium sales and service team members.
- Develop compensation plans that align organizational and departmental goals with the personal output of each individual sales and service executive.
- Establish premium sales forecasts, set performance goals and determine metrics/reporting that will hold staff accountable for their results.
- Track daily, weekly and monthly progress reports on activity, sales, and renewals.
- Work with General Counsel and outside counsel to ensure compliance with legal and contractual policies and standards.
- Collaborate with Ticket Sales and Service to maximize premium upsell opportunities, season ticket holder suite usage opportunities and other ticket sales initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as directed by the VP of Corporate Partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of sales management experience.
- Track record of sales and leadership success.
- Demonstrated passion for sales and relationship building.
- Quality presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, capable of developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Previous Archtics experience preferred.
- Exceptional work ethic with an innate sense of urgency, creativity and tenacity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Epic dedication to winning.