Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) owns and operates three professional sports teams: the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. Monumental, which merged Lincoln Holdings and Washington Sports & Entertainment on June 10, 2010, also owns and operates Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the group operates Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the Capitals' state-of-the-art training facility in Arlington, Va., and George Mason University's Patriot Center, located in Fairfax, Va.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package; as well as a competitive salary structure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Administrator, technical and production manager. Overseeing, maintaining, and operation of Verizon Center CCTV in house television department, Barco Boards, and signage, clocks, scoreboards and HD & RF systems. Oversee and manage departmental budget. Serve as liaison between broadcast contractor, Comcast and Verizon Center. Overseeing production of events and creative provided to Diamond Vision Boards and client. Manage department editing facility and staff.
- Manage and maintain administrative and technical broadcast operations for Verizon Center.
- Manage staff and coordinate contingency workers handling CCTV, System Scoreboard, Barco Boards and serve as primary point of contact with broadcast trucks.
- Create and write programs for load and scheduling of Barco system for street signage.
- Oversee and maintain the technical operation of Barco Boards.
- Oversee operations for events and event production.
- Oversee technical operation, personnel and maintenance of ANC interface, game/shot clocks.
- Oversee technical operation and maintain Barco Video wall and Street Signage system.
- Evaluate equipment needs and access time frame for updates on yearly basis.
- Oversee technical operations and maintain Verizon in-house RF television and broadcast facility operations.
- Manage facility televisions and related technical equipment.
- Handle circuit designing and creation for system use when and where needed.
- Maintain awareness on trends, developments and innovations within the broadcast and information display industries.
- Create monthly work schedule for department (full and part-time staff).
- Create, evaluate and maintain budget for department, evaluating annual budget of equipment and technical activities, preparing annual income and expenditures technical budget, developing a projected operating budget for each fiscal year and recommending equipment purchases for capital expenditures.
- Partner with team and building staff to create and develop projects and programs with in-house event producers and directors.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures that are consistent with MSE policies and procedures.
- Instruct and advise staff on changes in MSE policies, procedures, and/or work standards.
- BSEE or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years experience in broadcasting and electronics, including television production and facility system operation. Previous management experience required.
- Five to seven years in system designing for television controls desirable.
- Background in use of AutoCAD & VidCAD and WireCad is preferred.
- Solid video, audio and RF system design skills and background.
- Strong computer skills, digital and analog background.
- Familiarity with SMPTE fiber.