DEPARTMENT: Event Marketing and Booking
TYPE: Internship (30-40 hours)-Course credit only
REPORTS TO: Event Marketing Coordinator
DURATION: Spring 2012 Semester
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following
- Assist in marketing efforts for all Toyota Center concerts and events
- Participate in grassroots efforts to promote Toyota Center shows, including flyering during non-business hours, attending festivals/city events as needed and maintaining online communities (MySpace, Facebook)
- Work all third party events at Toyota Center, dealing with media, distributing credentials, escorting photographers, providing press releases and artist information, and assisting tour manager as needed
- Help maintain all internal marketing assets by assisting with website updates, marquee, and video board spots
- Assist Group Tickets Sales by fielding incoming calls, processing orders, researching potential groups and providing customer service on show days
- Responsible for general office tasks such as accounts payable, processing invoices/accounting, answering the switchboard, filing, faxing, copying, deliveries to media, etc.
- Assist the director, manager, group sales coordinator and booking coordinator on other projects as needed
- College student, junior or senior with a Marketing or related major
- Eagerness to learn about the Event Marketing industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop
- Prior experience with event planning, event execution, and customer service preferred
- Self motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Flexibility to work long days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS and TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Yes/No. I am able to accept course credit in lieu of compensation for this position.
- Yes/No. I have spoken with my advisor to receive course credit approval for an internship.
- Yes/No. I understand that this is a full season 2011-2012 internship.
- Yes/No. I can work 30-40 hours a week including nights and weekends.
- Yes/No. I have local housing available in/near Houston.