The Arena Analyst will provide budgeting, planning, accounting and analytical support to the EVP, Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, Director of Finance, and Manager of Financial Analysis and Budgeting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aide in preparation of annual budget by creating arena event models. Arena events include basketball games, hockey games, concerts, conventions, etc.
- Create and analyze monthly event P&L statements
- Update monthly event profitability forecast
- Prepare pro forma analysis for upcoming events
- Support event booking and operations department with analytical advice
- Manage monthly settlement process for basketball and hockey events
- Track and analyze key event metrics
- Support month end close by making monthly journal entries, reconciling bank statements, preparing balance sheet reconciliations and analyzing financial statements
- Work with various third parties including hockey tenant, event booking agent, concessionaire, back of house arena operations, etc.
- Manage the basketball team per diem process
- Aide with post-event settlements
- Aide with basketball game ticket reporting
- Aide in the creation of the annual cash flow forecast
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
(To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this job.)
- Bachelors degree in a business/quantitative-based major
- Strong accounting and analytical skills are a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer Software
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Presents self in professional manner and have ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts
- Interpersonal skills –listens to others, works well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Planning and organizing, can prioritize work activities; uses time efficiently
- Detail Oriented
- Adaptability – adapts to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to handle frequent changes
- Dependability – consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to manager’s instructions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays and arena events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Note: This position was originally posted on the Charlotte Bobcats employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Charlotte Bobcats employment site.