The Springfield Armor, NBA Development League Affiliate of the New Jersey Nets, are seeking a positive and passionate individual that is committed to becoming a sales industry leader. This position requires participation in a 3-4 month, career growth-oriented sports sales development program, which focuses on developing the skills needed to become an inside sales and customer service professional. Under the guidance of the Director of Sales, the intent of this program is to expand the applicant’s abilities to a level that will merit consideration for a promotion to a full time position within the sports industry following successful completion of the program. Our internship program is unpaid, though there is opportunity to make commission on any sales, and preferably be for college credit. Expected start date: May 15, 2012.
- Make outbound calls to assigned leads to promote upcoming events and ticket packages.
- Answer incoming calls with the ability to up-sell callers into packages, and groups.
- Work a minimum of 30 hours per week during normal office hours (8:30 am – 5:00 pm).
- Work additional nights, weekends and holidays outside of normal office hours, as assigned.
- Represent the organization at in-house events and off-site community events promoting tickets; you will be the “Face” of the organization.
- Maintain computerized records of all ticket customers and prospects using ACT!
- Provide unsurpassed customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone, in office and at other events.
- Assist customer service efforts (mailing invoices, tickets, etc…), and other office tasks.
- Help with planning and organizing various sales and marketing initiatives and programs.
- Attend weekly meetings and sales training/role-play sessions.
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales and Team President.
- At least one year of advanced education working towards a degree in Business, Sport Management, Marketing or related field.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Desire to be a sales industry leader
- Ability to work as a team player
- Proficiency in basic computer software programs
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the desire to become an sports sales industry leader?
- Are you willing and able to be dedicated to making a minimum of 50 outbound phone calls per day?
- Do you have previous sales experience?
- Will you be doing this internship for college credit?
- Are you available to work a minimum of 30 hours in office per week?