The BayHawks are looking for students eager to gain valuable experience in the sports industry, specifically in the areas of sales, promotions, and operations. As a BayHawks intern you will gain valuable prepare you for the next step in your career.
Duties may include but are not limited to
- Assist sales staff with various sales objectives, including prospecting and cold-calling
- Attend BayHawks affiliated events with promotions manager and BayHawks staff
- Assist in set-up and follow through of assigned duties for events
- Interact with the Erie and surrounding communities promoting the BayHawks brand
- Maintain inventory of all promotional items to be used throughout games
- Assist in game night production, including on-court promotions, arena set-up and tear down, and other duties as assigned.
- Assisting with team marketing efforts (e.g. mascot / player appearances, data entry, etc.) and preparing for upcoming games, as needed
- Process and fulfill ticket orders
- The ideal candidate demonstrates strong work ethic, an openness for learning, strong work ethic, leadership, and a passion for the sports industry
- 15-20 hours of weekly availability Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm
- Must be interning for college credits.
About the NBA Development League
The NBA Development League, founded in 2001, is the NBA’s official minor league. Featuring 16 teams with direct affiliations to NBA franchises, the NBA D-League is a proven developer of talent: Over 20 percent of players in the NBA at the conclusion of the 2010-11 season boasted NBA D-League experience, and the league continues to develop coaches, referees, and front-office staff for the NBA and its teams. In fostering the league’s connection to the community, its teams, players and staff promote health and wellness, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA D-League Cares programs. The NBA D-League also advances the game of basketball as the research and development arm of the NBA.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- What seperates you from other students who have applied to intern with the BayHawks and why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to gain experience working in sports?
- How do you feel about cold-calling?