POSITION TITLE: Manager of Web Operations
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Interactive Media; Director of Marketing
DIRECT REPORTS: Web Operations Coordinator
CAPSULE POSITION DESCRIPTION
This position is directly responsible for management of daily web operations for each SS&E entity (spurs.com; attcenter.com; sasilverstars.com; sarampage.com, toros.com). The eligible candidate will service and deal with a diverse group of important internal contacts, league contacts, clients and visitors at all levels; independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
This position will also be accountable for page design, managing all third party vendor contracts for outsourced web operations, routine site maintenance, any site or page expansion or development, execution of sponsorship and internal marketing communication campaigns, and maintain regular detailed website reporting systems to track and analyze campaign results. It is essential that the qualified candidate be able to build strong relationships with various departments to work cohesively in the execution of marketing and sponsorship campaigns. The eligible candidate will promote a collaborative approach to creating comprehensive digital communication campaigns focused on driving site traffic and attaining campaign goals. The candidate must carry a multitude of qualifications, including but not limited to: ability to maintain confidential documents and files, handle multiple tasks, maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude and have strong organizational skills. This position will seek out new, innovative technologies and solutions to enhance the fan experience and support sales and marketing campaigns.
This position must support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, and innovation.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaboration with key internal/external resources and 3) Ongoing self development.
KRA'S (KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS)
- Develop graphic and multimedia elements across interactive channels that drive engagement and monetization employing company-wide brand strategies.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to increase revenue through online, e-communications and new media channels; which include applying innovative techniques for audience outreach.
- Provide reports of web analytics and perform analysis on web analytics to track customer behavior and campaign results.
- Manage and mentor staff to ensure execution of campaign projects.
- Work closely with NBAE through designated team editors to integrate creative consumer-centric experiences.
- On an as-needed basis, support content gathering duties consisting of on-location videography/photography of community initiatives, player appearances, sponsorship events and post game locker room interviews.
- Continually seek ways to improve the fan experience through innovative technologies.
- Seek ways to cross promote all interactive properties.
The following measurement methods are intended to provide a sound basis for assessing the performance of the jobholder in this position. Although numerous methods are listed as suggested measurements the supervisor may elect to select only specific ones based on the need of the company at any point in time.
- Achievement of Business Unit’s Strategic Plan.
- Site Traffic for spurs.com, attcenter.com, sasilverstars.com, sarampage.com – including but not limited to unique visitors, page views, vests, and time spent on site.
- Revenue driven through interactive channels – including by not limited to sponsorship and ticket sales.
- Vision, Mission and Values Alignment.
- Internal/External Service Surveys and Feedback.
- IDP/Self Development Goal Achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, design, web systems or equivalent experience.
- Experience with LAMP server environment.
- 3-4 years of management experience.
- Thorough understanding of content and web development processes.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven attention to detail.
- Commitment to growth in values based leadership and development.
- Must be able to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience working in one of the four professional leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL).
- Advanced working knowledge of Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, In Design, illustrator and Video editing software programs.
- Expertise in Ticketmaster CRM products – Archtics, Mail Manager, etc.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Please provide a brief description of your people management skills and philosophy.
- Please provide a brief description of your Web Design experience.
- What is your experience level with Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator and Video editing software?
- Do you have experience with a professional sports organization?