The Inside Sales Representative position is a great opportunity to start a sales career in the sports industry with an organization committed to professional growth and career development. During the10 month program, Inside Sales Representatives experience every aspect of the ticket sales operation while developing the skill set needed to succeed in the sports industry. The ideal candidate is driven, focused, and passionate about starting a sales career in the sports industry, possesses a strong work ethic, and has the determination to succeed in a highly competitive, fast paced work environment. Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for achieving individual sales goals and are continually coached and evaluated to maximize individual and team performance. Top performers will be considered for advancement opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Representative is to cater to our potential customers by building and enhancing the personal and business relationships by identifying and understanding their needs, then customizing recommendations to meet and exceed those needs. Inside Sales Representatives must develop an intimate knowledge of MS&E’s brands, products, and services as well the techniques and processes needed to effectively market and sell to our potential customers. The main focus will be to build our Sacramento Kings season and group ticket business, however overall sales will include other MS&E brands as well.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA's)
- Builds relationships with prospects via telephone inquiries and enhances those relationships through appointments.
- Responsible for meeting all individual performance and development goals within specified timeframes.
- Conducts face to face prospecting and client follows ups during home games.
- Obtains leads and answer any questions.
- Contacts past customers and cold-calls new sales leads to generate sales
- Works games to support ticket sales promotional initiatives
- Build relationships to provide repeat business and excellent customer service
- Recognize future sales opportunities
- Creates opportunities for new business with existing customers
- Pursues prospective customers
- Builds rapport with customers
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Actively participates in Team Member sales skills training and development opportunities and Team Member sales activities.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude; committed to teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills; customer service-oriented.
- Solid prioritization and organizational skills.
- Previous sports and/or telemarketing experience is preferred.
- High school diploma is required. 4-year college degree is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including game nights & weekends.