TYPE OF POSITION
Full time position with benefits.
Palace Sports and Entertainment, LLC, is looking to expand our Outside Sales Team. We are drafting eager, ambitious and spirited individuals who are looking to jump start their career in the exciting world of Sports and Entertainment. Our Outside Sales Representatives are competitive in nature, growth oriented and posses a strong work ethic, all while being true team players. This is a Full-time position with benefits that will be responsible for the sales of all Palace Sports and Entertainment owned entities and venues including The Detroit Pistons (NBA), DTE Energy Music Theatre, and Meadow Brook Music Festival on the campus of Oakland University.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES includes but is not limited to the following
- Meet or exceed established sales goals for each PS&E property as determined by the Director of Outside Sales.
- Sales concentration will be spread across all PS&E properties: The Palace of Auburn Hills, the Detroit Pistons, DTE Energy Music Theatre and Meadow Brook Music Festival.
- Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales and services best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and personal data base management.
- Generate, develop, and maintain new and renewal business and sales relationships in a personal portfolio across all PS&E properties.
- A minimum average of 60+ outgoing cold-calls per day with the purpose of creating new business.
- Generating out of office as well as in-venue "face-to-face" appointments to create new business sales opportunities (minimum of 5 appointments weekly).
- Create and implement unique sales strategies and programs as a means of producing new business.
- Additional in-game and post-game responsibilities may be required throughout the Pistons and concert seasons.
- Position reports to the Director of Outside Sales.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business or sports management.
- Sales Force experience a PLUS
- The desire to aggressively cold call and prospect new business is required.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work effectively with others both inside and outside of the department is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire to succeed, an eagerness to learn, and a passion for building a career within the sports industry.
- Prior sales experience or related internship (preferably with a professional sport team) is desired.
Base Salary + Commission. Total yearly income based on performance. Very competitive and aggressive commission structure.