The Special Events Manager is responsible for the development, organization, staffing and production of all Kings related events, both in-arena and at off-site locations.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA's)
- Identify the needs of internal clients as it relates to special events.
- Plan, manage and produce special events that meet the needs of internal clients.
- Ensure that all necessary internal and external resources are procured to ensure. production of successful special events.
- Ensure that all required information is communicated to and between clients, TED, and all internal and external resources.
- Deliver projects within or below established budgets.
- Maintain a vendor and facilities database with regular updates.
- Clarify TED policies, SOPs and processes to all internal clients.
- Assist in continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives of the areas of their work.
- Coordinate and manage staffing at various levels and finding ways to meet the ramp up plans related to work load.
- Be accountable for on time deliverables of expected projects and events.
- Responsible for developing and implementing improvements to Special Events systems and processes.
- Responsible for addressing problems brought to his or her attention.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Stage. Management, Production Management, Business Logistics or related field.
- 3-4 years experience in special event planning/management.
- Effective budgeting skills and broad knowledge of fair market value for the rental and events management world.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time-management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working extended hours such as nights, weekends, overtime, and on-call as needed.