DEPARTMENT: Suite Sales
POSTING DATE: December 6, 2011
REPORTS TO: Manager of Suite Sales
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to
- Develop leads and presentations for the sale and negotiation of long-term suite sales.
- Develop target list of businesses and arrange meetings to view suites. Serve as interface with ticket sales and corporate sponsorship departments to generate leads and maximize revenue potential.
- Assist in the development of collateral sales materials and conduct sales presentations; when necessary and as directed, assist the director and vice president of premium sales with presentations.
- Manage pre-event and event day interface with Levy Restaurants to deliver agreed upon F&B needs.
- Promote and generate new business for various banquet & club spaces.
- Collaborate with event coordinators to generate event costs.
- Issue and secure contracts, deposits, insurance, etc.
- Department inventory and event management.
- Take ownership and management of additional areas, i.e. liaison to departmental groups within Rockets organization and outside organizations/areas, as assigned
- Assist wherever necessary to further market and promote Team and suite partners
- Provide unprecedented customer service and superior level of productivity and responsiveness
- Liaison responsibilities: Monthly Admin Events (with Levy), Manage/Create/Maintain Suite Recap Decks, Handle all electronic contract files, Track Aging Report for weekly updates
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years sales experience
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must be able to meet deadlines and follow through on project outline or strategies
- Must have high level of decision making and accountability
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Communicate (both written & verbal) in a concise and effective manner
- Must be able to understand partners’ objectives and look for ways to associate with the Team’s assets
- Must be able to interact and manage staff and business associates in order to implement events, promotions and other related activities
- Must be able to identify and address issues or problems which may arise during relationship/partnership
- Candidate must have previous experience in the area of sponsorship or sales
- Must be comfortable in negotiating and selling premium inventory as well as managing collections
- Must be customer service and relationship building oriented
- Must demonstrate high standard of excellence
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Power Point, PhotoShop or Graphic Design experience appreciated.
The ideal candidate must be a qualified salesperson with proven sales experience, self-motivational skills, and the ability to create a business sales game plan to sell these high-end hospitality products over an extended period of time. The successful candidate is organized, enthusiastic, focused and enjoys selling to corporate leaders. A previous background in ticket sales, corporate sponsorship sales, or marketing is appropriate. A strong familiarity and previous sales to business leaders in the community is a positive factor.
Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS, TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Yes/No I am able to work days, nights, and weekends.
- Yes/No I have local housing in Houston.
- Yes/No I have a previous background in ticket sales, corporate sponsorship sales, or marketing.